Roam builds exceptional digital businesses and products for clients around the globe. Started in 2013 we now have studios in Auckland, Sydney and Berlin with more on the way. We craft experiences for companies like Google, EBay, Giant, ASB, Spark, Westpac, The Warehouse Group, Mercury and many more, including startups in Silicon Valley and the UK.
The core mission of our People & CultureOps Lead is to build the support functions needed to enable Roam to scale successfully. From recruiting and onboarding, to ongoing training, culture-building and HR, you will partner closely with the VP of Operations and Roam leadership team to develop and implement our Culture Ops strategy initiatives.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Establish a trusted People & CultureOps function that serves as an advisor and partner to leaders throughout the organisation, and build a team that can support our rapid growth with the expertise and empathy needed throughout hyper-growth.
- Make our vision around what it means to work at Roam happen across all our employee touch-points and rally the team around that vision.
- Build and implement programs across recruiting, onboarding, ongoing training, feedback and culture-building to reinforce our values and vision at Roam.
- Collect business and people data through user research, design thinking and customer experience methods to inform initiatives and decisions.
- Manage human resources needs across the organisation, including payroll and benefits, in partnership with Finance and Operations team.
- Managing the People & Culture Ops team
Skills and experience
- 8+ years of experience in People or Customer Experience Leadership roles
- Consulting, design thinking, software development and/or CX experience is a plus
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment
- Experience recruiting and managing people, including diverse teams (different locations, employees/contractors/agencies/ levels of experience, etc.)
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skill sets and are from different areas of the business
Who you are
- You live and breathe the qualities of an Exceptional Roamer - you’re curious, passionate, honest, humble, empathetic and pursue excellence everyday
- You’re pragmatic, logical, measured and can solve any problem that gets thrown at you in a way that gets others excited to help
- You are a strong, positive, optimistic leader with a resilient attitude, and have experience making things happen in fast growing companies
- Continuous optimiser - you’re always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient
- Flexible and excited to work on whatever will drive the most impactful and immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Get sh!t done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes to deliver better experiences
- Relentless focus on results
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
- You understand the importance of design and technology on improving peoples’ lives
Why work with us?
- Awesome location in a beautiful workspace 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday Leave, monthly company BBQs, an active social club, bustling lunch room & more
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and humble people. A combo that is hard to find and we have over 100 of them!