Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Putting pixels into the all the right places excites you more than it should
- ‘Slackups’ are a way of life
- Working with our designers and backend developers to create beautiful digital products
- Consulting work on projects for NZ, Aussie, US and UK global companies
- Building frontends for games, iBeacons, Rat Traps, IOT products, Video Conferencing, Fintech - we build it all.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- React + Redux
- Experience with, or a keen interest in, React Native is nice to have
- Explain what a ‘modern frontend build pipeline’ is without googling the answer
- How to tame the IE beast
- Great experiences are made of stunning interfaces & clever code
- Bleeding edge can cut both ways
- Bonus points for experience with Node.js, GraphQL and app store (Apple/Google) releases
- The best products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love
- CVs to the top of the stack include existing sites, web apps or GitHub repos so you can show us what you got
WHO YOU ARE
- You’ve written your own JS web apps in your own time
- You can talk to clients. Yes. In plain English.
- You know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- You’re passionate about the latest tech & frameworks
- You understand the role design plays in successful products
- You’re keen to learn and keen to teach
We'll train you further with a range of great opportunities and exciting projects under the expert guidance of our Frontend team. We're a product solutions and consulting company with a variety of work so come join the party! We value UI and design as highly as we do core 'to the metal' coding. Each needs the other to create stunning products and that's exactly what we do.
- Awesome location - 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday leave, monthly company BBQs on the balcony, a dedicated games lounge, active social club and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
- Fun team, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills - on the house!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and humble people. A combo that is hard to find and we have over 100 of them!
This is a 9-12 month fixed-term contract with the potential to become permanent as we finalise our 2021 project pipeline.