Roam builds exceptional digital businesses and products for clients around the globe. Starting out in 2013, we now have studios in Auckland and Sydney and more on the way. We craft experiences for companies like Google, EBay, Giant, ASB, Spark, Westpac, The Warehouse Group, Mercury and many more, including startups in Silicon Valley and the UK.
With exciting new projects and a busy year ahead, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our crew. Some would think of this as an X-Men mutant-like combination of project management, product management and some code or designer DNA all zapped with lightning.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Project and product management across teams of digital designers, developers, technical architects and testers
- Sprint planning, feature tracking, reporting and keeping us all in sync
- Understanding user needs, analysing features and driving product roadmaps
- Working closely with external stakeholders and clients
- Working on projects for NZ, global companies and our very own products
WHAT YOU KNOW
- The customer is always right. Except when they aren’t
- Design-led thinking and agile methodologies
- Stakeholder management is your jam
- Developers make the world go round. You'll make sure it sticks to schedule
- Slack, Trello, Jira, Gantt charts!!! Excited!!!
- Everyone says Agile, MVP, PVP. You should know the first two and enjoy playing the latter
- Love what you do. Don't just 'work'
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone who has a notebook and a pencil handy. All the time.
- You love people and you're natural at building trusting relationships in the team and with your clients
- Obsessive about timing and schedules. You had a lot of wall calendars growing up. Lots of stars too. Gold ones.
- Love collaborating with others to create magic
- Have a good sense of humour and can laugh at yourself
- Able to travel internationally occasionally
Develop your skills at Roam by working on a huge variety of projects at the forefront of innovation under the mentorship of our Head of Product and the Product team of 10 across NZ and Aussie. We're expanding like a rocket ship and we need someone to make sure that all the parts are ordered, the pilots know where they're going and that we take-off and land according to schedule!
- Awesome location - 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday Leave, monthly BBQs, regular team events and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
- Fun, close-knit teams, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills - on the house!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and humble people. A combo that is hard to find and we have over 100 of them!
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract.