Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. Android or iOS, we're all friends here. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
With new projects ramping up, we’re looking for a Senior React Native Developer with an eye for design and a couple of years of experience under their belt.
YOUR NEW JOB
- React Native development using React + Redux is and will remain your first love, but you also don’t mind building beautiful web frontends or a native mobile app
- Putting pixels into the all the right places excites you more than it should
- ‘Slackups’ are a way of life
- Working with our designers and backend developers to create beautiful digital products
- Consulting work on projects for NZ, Aussie, US and UK global companies
- Building mobile apps for games, iBeacons, Rat Traps, IOT products, Video Conferencing, Fintech - we build it all.
- You may be required to work on the client's site from time to time when required but we'll make sure you always have a Roam-base to call home ;)
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of the React + Redux ecosystem
- Experience building mobile apps with React Native
- Bonus points for experience with iOS and/or Android native development
- Angular experience is a nice-to-have
- Explain what a ‘modern frontend build pipeline’ is without googling the answer
- Great experiences are made of stunning interfaces & clever code
- Bleeding edge can cut both ways
- The best products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love
- CV to the top of the stack include existing sites, web apps or GitHub repos so you can show us what you got
WHO YOU ARE
- You can talk to clients. Yes. In plain English.
- You’ve written your own JS web apps and/or native apps in your own time
- You know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- You’re passionate about the latest tech & frameworks
- You understand the role design plays in successful products
- You’re keen to learn and keen to teach
We'll train you further with a range of great opportunities and exciting projects under the expert guidance of our Frontend team (11 people and growing). We're a product solutions and consulting company with a variety of work so come join the party! We value UI and design as highly as we do core 'to the metal' coding. Each needs the other to create stunning products and that's exactly what we do.
- Awesome location in a beautiful workspace - 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday Leave, monthly company BBQs, an active social club and a bustling lunch room
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and humble people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100 of them!
This is an initial 9 month fixed-term contract with the potential to become permanent further down the track as we secure our 2021 projects.