Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. Android or iOS, we're all friends here. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
With new projects in the pipeline, we're looking for a Junor Mobile Developer to join the crew. We're interested in applicants with an eye for design, preferably with iOS Swift development or Android Kotlin development experience.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Learning iOS & Android
- Working on a range of apps for us and our customers
- A variety of projects for clients in finance, customer service, conservation, utility apps, etc.
- Consulting work on projects for NZ, Aussie, US and UK global companies
- We write native apps, so will you
- Explore iBeacons, AR and RFID technologies with us
WHAT YOU KNOW
- That iOS is better than Android
- That Android is better than iOS
- Experience with Source control such as git
- Experience with Swift, Kotlin or C/C++
- Experience getting things done both in a team and as an individual
- Great products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love
- The best resume has a link to your apps so we can check them out
WHO YOU ARE
- Have written your own apps in your own time
- Know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- Passion for the latest tech
- Understanding of the role design plays in successful products
- Keen to learn and keen to teach
- Graduate or not, if you have the ability, we're keen to chat.
We'll train you further with a range of great opportunities and exciting projects under the expert guidance of our growing mobile team (15 and counting!). We value UI and design as highly as we do core 'to the metal' coding. Each needs the other to create stunning products and that's exactly what we do.
- Brand new renovated offices in the heart of the city - 2 minutes from Britomart, Auckland
- Birthday leave, monthly company BBQs on the balcony, a dedicated games lounge, active social club and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
- Fun team, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills - on the house!
This is an initial fixed-term contract with the potential to become permanent further down the track.