Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding and visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
YOUR NEW JOB
As our first-ever IT Network & Security Specialist working amongst our talented DevSecOps crew, you’ll be responsible for handling every internal IT query and issue — or at least all those that can’t be solved by turning it off and on again. Among other things, we’ll need your help with:
- Information security
- Managing our identity management system
- Device Management System admin (setting up profiles, updating software, troubleshooting any issues, installing on machines, app provisioning experience)
- Software and tool administration e.g. design and software dev tools (setup and configuration, installation challenges, troubleshooting)
- Networking skills (device connectivity, multiple networks maintenance, configuration of multiple networks, understanding IP configurations and challenges, tracking use of networks)
- Troubleshooting Macs (technical issues, admin and permissions, MacOS, updates, hardware issues, peripheral connectivity)
- Some DevOps work outside of the day-to-day IT work
- Set up, troubleshooting, etc. of mobile devices (iOS, Android, tablets)
- Provisioning and restoring company-issued laptops and phones
- Periodically reviewing Unifi Console to keep network equipment firmware up to date
- Management of VPN services access
- MacMini and meeting room hardware management
- Managing backups (GitHub, router and network configuration backups)
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience with info security, and you have the right level of paranoia when it comes to data protection.
- You’re an Apple acolyte who knows Macs inside and out (including technical issues, Admin and permissions, MacOS, updates, hardware issues and peripheral connectivity).
- You have Device Management System experience, with a dash of knowledge of installed and cloud-based solutions used for design and software development.
- You also have excellent networking skills (not as in “handing out your business card at lunch”, but more like: device connectivity, multiple network maintenance, configuration of multiple networks, understanding IP configuration and challenges, and tracking network use).
- You’re confident with most mobile devices (including iOS, Android and tablets). When it comes to setting up or troubleshooting - whether you’re handed an iPhone or an Oppo - you know what to do.
- You can communicate complex technical information for any audience (from tech guru to technophobe) and you’re comfortable juggling multiple requests at a time.
- Ideally, you’ll also have some knowledge of scripting (Bash/Python), although this isn’t a requirement
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and humble people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 120 of them!
- Awesome location in a beautiful workspace 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland.
- Fun team, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills under the mentorship of our DevSecOps and dev teams across Auckland and Sydney.
- Birthday leave, monthly company BBQs on the balcony, a dedicated games lounge, active social club and a bustling lunch room
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract with the potential to extend as we secure our 2021 project pipeline.