Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
With a strong brand presence in NZ, we’ve expanded onto Aussie soil with our newest Sydney office. We’re looking for a QA Tester to join our newest product team and make sure our product quality continues to shine.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Writing test plans that cover the easy and the hard
- Working closely with the developers to resolve issues according to our SLA
- Quoting the scripture at them (bash, JS or any other scripting language which shows the truth and their bugs)
- Automating the test suites like some crazy Japanese manga robot factor
- Web, mobile, IOT - you have no fear of where the bugs hide
- Know a bunch of tools and QA Kung Fu that you’re willing to share
- Working with our local and overseas studio teams
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Blackbox, white box, hell, extra points if you know how to Blue box
- Xamarin TestCloud, CI/CD, RESTful APIs, Unit Testing and all other goodies
- How to choose the right tool for the job and master it quickly
- How to write a grammatically correct statement. Or two. To others too
- You’re nit picky.
- You’ve dabbled in development and test automation
- You don’t keep score, but let’s face it, developers create the bugs, you just find them. 12 of them. Today.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about the product and truly own it to the end…does it ever end?
- You live and breathe the qualities of an Exceptional Roamer - you’re curious, passionate, honest, empathetic and pursue excellence everyday
- You know how to balance finding all the bugs and realising you’ll never find them all
- Up to date with the latest trends in QA
- Products ship with bugs. It’s a fact. You’ll accept that
- Organised. Super organised.
- Interest in tech, gaming, design and a creative spirit
- Able to handle pressure. Like a shaken coke bottle
- Awesome location in a brand new shared workspace in the heart of the CBD
- As the Aussie extension of a well-established creative house, you get the best of both worlds of start-up vibes paired with enterprise-scale work
- Birthday Leave, regular team events and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
- Fun team, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills - on the house!
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.