Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. Android or iOS, we're all friends here. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Putting pixels into the all the right places excites you more than it should
- ‘Slackups’ are a way of life
- Working with our mobile and backend developers to create beautiful digital products
- Consulting work on projects for NZ, Aussie, US and UK global companies
- Working with backends for games, iBeacons, Taxi Apps, Video Conferencing, Fintech - we build it all.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- React + Redux and/or Angular 2+
- Explain what a ‘modern frontend build pipeline’ is without googling the answer
- How to tame the IE beast
- Great experiences are made of stunning interfaces & clever code
- Bleeding edge can cut both ways
- Bonus points for experience with Node.js and GraphQL
- The best products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love
- CVs to the top of the stack include existing sites, web apps or GitHub repos so you can show us what you got
WHO ARE YOU
- You can talk to clients. Yes. In plain English.
- You’ve written your own JS web apps in your own time
- You know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- You’re passionate about the latest tech & frameworks
- You understand the role design plays in successful products
- You’re keen to learn and keen to teach
We'll train you further with a range of great opportunities and exciting projects under the expert guidance of our Frontend team across NZ and Australia (8 people and growing). We're a product solutions and consulting company with a variety of work so come join the party! We value UI and design as highly as we do core 'to the metal' coding. Each needs the other to create stunning products and that's exactly what we do.
- In the heart of the CBD in a gorgeous, newly renovated office
- As the Aussie extension of a well-established creative house, you get the best of both worlds of start-up vibes paired with enterprise-scale work
- Birthday Leave, regular team events and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
- Great opportunities and innovative projects under the guidance of our Head of Web, talented Architects and Frontend team across NZ and Australia
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia