Roam specialises in building awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with top-notch, behind-the-scenes code.
Roam Sydney is growing and developing more products than ever. It’s time to get reinforcements so we’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join the crew.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Supporting our dev teams to deliver new code to production
- Building and maintaining infrastructure tooling (e.g. automated AWS environment setup)
- Assisting with the overall architecture and infrastructure around availability, scalability, monitoring, security, performance, etc.
- Building and managing deployment and CI pipelines
- Managing access & permissions to databases, backend services, etc.
- Giving your two cents during the architectural design process
- Improving Roam’s engineering and DevSecOps processes
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Hands-on experience with the following: AWS EC2, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, Cloud Watch
- Strong experience supporting Linux servers
- Scripting experience - Python, Shell, Node, etc.
- An understanding of NoSQL data stores
- An understanding of relational data stores such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar
- Exposure to in-memory data stores such as Redis or memcached
- A solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience with Jira or other task management and tracking tools
- Bonus points if you’ve done anything with:
- Source control tools such as Git
- CI and build tools (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Deployment automation frameworks such as Terraform, Ansible or Salt
- Containerisation using Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Application performance monitoring and management (New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana)
- More bonus points if you’ve worked with:
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
WHO YOU ARE
- You're super comfortable talking with client dev teams and stakeholders
- Excited about new technologies, you seek them out, you yearn to know more
- You know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- You take initiative
- You’re process-driven and enjoy wearing multiple hats with enthusiasm
- You love solving problems
- In the heart of the CBD in a gorgeous, newly renovated office
- As the Aussie extension of a well-established creative house, you get the best of both worlds of start-up vibes paired with enterprise-scale work
- Birthday Leave, regular team events and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
- We'll train you further with a range of great opportunities and innovative projects under the guidance of our DevOps team, talented Architects and dev teams spread across Auckland and Sydney
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia with a valid visa