Roam builds exceptional digital businesses and products for clients around the globe. Started in 2013 we now have studios in Auckland, Sydney and Berlin with more on the way. We craft experiences for companies like Google, EBay, Giant, ASB, Spark, Westpac, The Warehouse Group, Mercury and many more, including startups in Silicon Valley and the UK.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join the team and work with our Head of Operations to crack the whip and get us finance-fit for our next expansion. If you love numbers, spreadsheets, reporting and data and with the other half of your brain love the creative industry then this the place for you. Not Enron-like financial creativity though.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Providing advice and information to the Operations Management team on financial matters, ensuring the business achieves its financial targets
- Create, oversee and implement new financial reporting processes to support business growth
- Provide financial support including budgeting and forecasting, planning and monitoring
- Tax reporting and end of year accounts working in conjunction with our external accountancy firms and auditors
- Prepare budgets/forecasts and monitor performance of operations including management reporting
- Deliver detailed business analysis and interpretation of financial data and business drivers to provide insights to key stakeholders
- Ongoing review, streamlining and improving of internal and external reporting processes
- Focus on continuous improvement and the streamlining of existing processes and procedures
WHAT YOU KNOW
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Good understanding of consulting or agency based business models
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable items
- A curious mindset with an aim of improving system effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting and CA or CPA qualified (preferred)
- Experience with NZ and AU tax and accounting (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting principles and practices including GAAP and a strong understanding of R&D is an advantage
- Understanding of commercial law is an advantage
- A desire to be an integral part of a fun and rapidly growing company
WHO YOU ARE
This role is perfect for a digital enthusiast who is up to date with changing technology and can use this knowledge to drive the company forward. It is analytical, commercial, strategic & hands-on all in one. We are looking for a creative problem solver with a strong well rounded finance and legal background to shape and implement strategies that will help drive growth.
- Awesome location - 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday Leave, monthly company BBQs, an active social club and a bustling lunch room
- Work with a fun team in a fast-growing business with massive potential to influence and drive change on a global scale