Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
We are looking for an experienced QA Practice Lead who's been around the block and seen it all in a variety of industries. From startup to enterprise-scale projects, you’ve been there, done that. You’re a tinkerer, troubleshooter, problem-solver and sleeve-roller-upper combining QA mastery, agile delivery, stakeholder management and team mentoring all in one.
YOUR NEW JOB
- You’ll be the Master of the Craft mentoring our talented QA testers
- Overseeing all aspects of QA at Roam including applying industry best practices and advising on new tools and processes to ensure our projects are top-notch quality
- Collaborating with team members on requirements and specifications for test plan creation, execution and review.
- You'll be hands on as well developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Security - you know how to poke holes in systems
- Removing roadblocks, finding workarounds and supporting the team to pursue excellence in everything we do
- Quoting the scripture at our devs (bash, JS or any other scripting language which shows the truth and their bugs)
- Skilling up our team to automate mobile and web test suites like some crazy Japanese manga robot factory
- Web, mobile, IOT - you have no fear of where the bugs hide
- Advocating for QA at Roam
- Working with our local and overseas studio teams
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Great experiences are made of stunning interfaces & clever code
- You have an understanding of what's involved to craft a complete solution from start to finish - frontend, backend, mobile - you've seen a lot in your time
- Knowledge of tools and frameworks like Postman, Paw, Appium, CypressIO, CodeceptJS and any other QA Kung Fu that you’re willing to share
- Blackbox, white box, hell, extra points if you know how to Blue box
- CI/CD, RESTful APIs, UI Testing, Smoke & Regression testing and all other goodies
- You don’t keep score, but let’s face it, developers create the bugs, you just find them. 12 of them. Today.
- Some tried and true QA strategies in an agile development environment
WHO YOU ARE
- You live and breathe the qualities of an Exceptional Roamer - you’re curious, passionate, honest, empathetic and pursue excellence everyday
- You’re pragmatic and don’t over-engineer solutions
- You take ownership of the product from the beginning to the very end
- You take the lead and naturally inspire and motivate your team mates
- You’re proactive and take initiative at every opportunity
- You understand the importance design plays in building successful products
- Awesome location in a beautiful workspace 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday Leave, monthly company BBQs, an active social club and a bustling lunch room
- Fun team, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills under the mentorship of our QA team of 12 across Auckland and Sydney
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and humble people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100 of them!