Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Node.js, and other JS-based development
- Relational and NoSQL database development
- Working with our mobile and frontend developers to create beautiful REST APIs
- Backends for games, iBeacons, Taxi Apps, Video Conferencing, Fintech - we build it all.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- There's REST for the RESTful
- Great experiences are made of stunning interfaces & clever code
- Bleeding edge can cut both ways
- Experience with Node.js and bonus points for GraphQL
- The best products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love
- CV to the top of the stack if you include existing sites, web apps or GitHub repos so you can show us what you got
WHO YOU ARE
- You can talk to clients. Yes. In plain English.
- You’ve written your own JS web apps in your own time
- You know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- You’re passionate about the latest tech & framework
- You understand the role design plays in successful products
- You’re keen to learn and keen to teach
- Super handy location - 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday leave, monthly company BBQs on the balcony, a dedicated games lounge, active social club and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
- Fun team, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills under the expert guidance of our Architects and talented Backend team across Auckland and Sydney.
Both Fixed-term contracts and permanent positions are currently available