Roam builds exceptional digital businesses and products for clients around the globe. Starting out in 2013, we now have studios in Auckland, Sydney and more on the way. We craft digital experiences for companies like Google, EBay, Giant, ASB, Spark, Westpac, The Warehouse Group, Mercury and many more, including startups in Silicon Valley and the UK. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning products with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
Roam is growing and developing more products than ever and it's time to get reinforcements. We're looking for an experienced DevSecOps Engineer to join the crew. This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door in a well-established, innovative dev environment.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Supporting our dev teams to deliver new code to production
- Building and maintaining infrastructure tooling (e.g. automated AWS environment setup)
- Assisting with the overall architecture and infrastructure around availability, scalability, monitoring, security, performance, etc.
- Building and managing deployment and CI pipelines
- Managing access & permissions to databases, backend services, etc.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Scripting experience - Python, Shell, Node, etc.
- Hands-on AWS experience with some of the following services: EC2, S3, ECS, Auto-Scaling, Cloud Watch
- Alternatively/additionally Azure experience
- Experience supporting Linux servers
- An understanding of relational data stores such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar
- Exposure to in-memory data stores such as Redis or memcached
- Savvy with Cloud infrastructure tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation or ARM
Bonus points if you've done anything with:
- Source control tools such as Git
- CI and build tools (e.g. CircleCI, J, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps)
- Deployment automation frameworks
- Containerisation using Docker
- Security testing (static code analysis) and secure development principles
WHO YOU ARE
- You can talk to people. You'll get to know our devs reeeeal quick
- Excited about new technologies, you seek them out, you yearn to know more
- You know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- You take initiative
- You're process-driven and enjoy wearing multiple hats with enthusiasm
- You love solving problems
Jumpstart your career in DevSecOps today! We'll train you further with a range of great projects and exposure to a variety of different tech under the expert guidance of our DevSecOps team.
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and humble people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 120 of them!
- Awesome location in a beautiful workspace 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Split your time between home and the office with our flexible working policy
- Fun team, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills under the mentorship of our DevSecOps and Backend teams across Auckland and Sydney
- Birthday leave, monthly company BBQs on the balcony, a dedicated games lounge, active social club and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract with the potential to become permanent as we finalise our 2021 project pipeline.