Roam specialises in building a range of awe-inspiring digital products for customers in NZ, US, Aussie and Europe ranging from branding & visual design, mobile apps, user experience, high-end web development and tying it all into the internet of things. Android or iOS, we're all friends here. We develop with a strong focus on design-led thinking producing innovative and stunning apps with amazing, behind-the-scenes code.
YOUR NEW JOB
- Node.js, and other JS-based development
- Relational and NoSQL database development
- Working with our mobile and frontend developers to create beautiful REST APIs
- Backends for games, iBeacons, Taxi Apps, Video Conferencing, Fintech - we build it all.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- There's REST for the RESTful
- Great experiences are made of stunning interfaces & clever code
- Bleeding edge can cut both ways
- Experience with Node.js and bonus points for GraphQL
- The best products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love
- CV to the top of the stack if you include existing sites, web apps or GitHub repos so you can show us what you got
WHO YOU ARE
- You can talk to clients. Yes. In plain English.
- You’ve written your own JS web apps in your own time
- You know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- You’re passionate about the latest tech & framework
- You understand the role design plays in successful products
- You’re keen to learn and keen to teach
We'll train you further with a range of great opportunities and exciting projects under the expert guidance of our talented Backend team (12 people and growing). We value UI and design as highly as we do core 'to the metal' coding. Each needs the other to create stunning, top-quality digital products and that's exactly what we do.
- Super handy location - 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday leave, monthly company BBQs on the balcony, a dedicated games lounge, active social club and a bustling lunch room with free fruit, coffee & candy
- Fun team, awesome mentors and the opportunity to train and develop your skills - on the house!
Both Fixed-term contracts and permanent positions are currently available